Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Fever

Today was supposed to be therapy day. Noah was scheduled for his usual speech, OT and PT. Unfortunately, the fever is persisting and we had to cancel all three for the second Friday in a row. Unless we keep him pumped full of Motrin and Tylenol, Noah's temperature hovers betwen 101 and 103. This has been going on for over a week. He has had one or two days without a fever and then the fever returns. Not sure what is going on. The fevers and ear pain are supposedly the result of mastoiditis. We are on our second round of antibiotic/steroid ear drops and our first round of oral antibiotics. I hope they do the trick soon because Noah looks and feels just plain miserable.

Noah playing video games and looking sick

5 comments:

kathleen said...

I am so sorry to hear that..both my boys had awful ear infections-seemingly all the time when they were little guys. It is the worst when they are sick-always makes me feel powerless because I want to fix it immediately! I hope that he is feeling better soon...hang in there :)

Casdok said...

The poor little guy, do hope he is feeling better soon.

Chelli said...

Kathleen and Casdok,
Thanks for stopping by! Noah is doing better today. We have been really lucky. He has only had a few ear infections so far. I'm just really glad that he can tell us that his ear hurts.

maya said...

hey, chelli

thanks for checking out my blog. I do hope you send some pics. we would love to see them.

i'm glad that noah is feeling better now :)

One Mom said...

Poor little guy! ((hugs))