Monday, June 7, 2010

So Proud and Noah Funny

Noah had his preschool program and stepping up ceremony last week. Everyone involved with Noah was concerned that he would not do well during the program because he has been very unpredictable in situations that involve lots of kids and music. One day he will sing along and have a good old time, but the next day he may cover his ears, scream like a banshee and/or lash out at himself or others. I am proud to say that on this day he did amazing! He sat in his seat (with his aide holding his vibrating mouse standing behind him), sang, did all the cute little hand motions and even went up to the front of the stage to get his certificate. I was one proud mama with tears rolling down my cheeks as he ran to me after receiving his certificate.

Now on to the funny part. One of Noah's favorite songs from the program is "My Mother is a Baker". He has been singing it quite a bit lately, only his version is a little bit different from the original. Here is the original first three verses (in case you are not familiar with the song):

The original version:

"My mother is a baker, a baker, a baker.
My mother is a baker. She always goes like this. Yum. Yum.

My father is a trash man, a trash man, a trash man.
My father is a trash man. He always goes like this. Pee Yew.

My sister is a singer, a singer, a singer.
My sister is a singer. She always goes like this. La ta de da, and a toodley doo."

Noah's version:

"My mother is a maker, a maker, a maker.
My mother is a maker. She always goes like this. Yum Yum.

My father is a trash can, a trash can, a trash can.
My father is a trash can. He always goes like this. Pee Yew.

My sister is a stinker, a stinker, a stinker.
My sister is a stinker. She always goes like this. La ta de da, and a toodley doo."

Let me just say that I am REALLY glad that Noah doesn't have a sister and I should probably quit calling him a stinker so much! Did I mention that he sings this song at the top of his lungs for the whole world to hear? Yeah. That's my boy!


As you can see, they sat Noah in the back row just in case he had to be hustled away. The wonderful lady in the purple shirt is Noah's aide, Miss A. She was awesome with him this year. As far as I know she will be back with him again next year.

2 comments:

One Mom said...

Yay, Noah! And I just have to say...I think his lyrics are much more inspired. I just love the "My father is a trash can" part. Too cute!

And welcome back, doll. ;)

Chelli said...

Thanks:) It's nice to be back. I laugh my rear off everytime Noah sings that part. I just think it's hilarious!