Thursday, June 26, 2008

Meet the Clan

Welcome to my newly created blog. Thanks for stopping by! I guess I should begin by introducing you to the clan. These are not in order of importance, but in order of addition to the family (or as I call it, "time served"!)

First there's my better half. Let's just call him Spidey. Corny, I know, but his favorite comic book character is Spider-man. How do I describe him? He is my best friend, my staunchest supporter, and my biggest critic. He is one of the best fathers that a child could ask for. (Honestly, I thinnk he has changed more of Noah's diapers than I have!) He loves his son more than anything in the world and would walk through fire for him. Did I mention that he is also a great dishwasher? Dave is an amazing man and I am truly honored to call him mine. He's also an old timer at 44 years old.


Next there's Chelli (that's me) I really don't know what to say about myself. I am 31 and a stay at home mom to an 18 1/2 month old son. I tend to be somewhat shy and very analytical. I love to read and watch movies. That's pretty much all there is to say about me.



Next up would be Squeaky. I know some people out there wouldn't consider their pets to be part of the family, but I am not one of those people. My pets are very special to me and an important part of our family. Squeaky is a sweet, loving little cockatiel that we have had for over 12 years now. He is a wonderful bird and he makes me laugh every day.

Now on to Sammy. Oh boy, where do I even begin with that bird! Sammy is a character to put it mildly. He's a conure with a mouth like a macaw! He is loud, funny and totally annoying! We still love him. He has been with us for almost 12 years now and we have enjoyed (well maybe not) every minute of it.


Next is Baylee. Baylee is our beautiful, protective, overweight beagle-mix. He has been a true blessing and watches Noah like a big brother would. Baylee has been a part of our family for nearly 9 years and I credit him with preparing us for parenthood.


Now on to the whole reason for this blog - Noah. Noah is the light of my life. He is sweet, stubborn and handsome. He is my miracle baby. David and I waited a long time to have a child (nearly 10 years to be exact) and are truly blessed to have Noah. Noah is 18 1/2 months old and recently began speech and occupational therapy. Noah has a few issues, but that's okay.




No comments: